Thursday, September 9, 2010

Intro to Crazy Owl Reviews

I love books. Thanks to the excellent teachers I had growing up, I read them well. This means I also critique them fairly well and enjoy doing so, especially when I run across the ones that thoroughly need it. Let's just say I didn't like Twilight. I was asked why multiple times, and I became bored with explaining multiple times. So--what'd I do? I wrote a review and published it in my Facebook notes. The number of comments on it impressed me, and apparently I impressed a few of my friends enough that they recommended I write more reviews.


Crazy Owl Reviews is the place where I will be posting said reviews, starting with the first, "Why I Hate Twilight." The focus is going to be on young adult and children's books, since those happen to be the kind of books I read the most. Occasionally you might see a review on adult fiction pop up on here, but it won't any time soon.


I am a Christian and therefore I will be approaching these books largely from a Christian perspective, but also from a somewhat liberal perspective. I think books should be read--this includes the controversial ones that many fear would influence their children in the wrong way. Because of this fear, I think that is all the more why those books should be read. I also think they should be thought about and discussed thoroughly. Critical thinking is the key. As I mentioned above, I've reviewed Twilight so far. I've also mentioned that I hate it. Despite the fact that I hate it, I think it should be read and discussed anyway. (If your brain cells can survive the incident, that is.)


And yes, I am very much obsessed with owls and I collect objects pertaining to them. Just call me the Crazy Owl Lady.


To your right are Athena, Copernicus, Wesley, and Archimedes, the cute and fluffy raptors that will be helping me lighten up the reviews with my random sense of humor. You'll get to know them a little better once the reviews start coming up. Let's just say they put the "Crazy Owl" in Crazy Owl Reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment